Feb 6, 2021
- Introducing Chris Chamberlain (00:44).
- About Guernsey Mind (01:50).
- How can teachers improve their mental health or seek help?
- Self care and self management is a priority (05:21).
- Emails - are you a 24-hour service? (06:10).
- Work is not called pleasure! (07:22).
- On sleep (08:18).
- Setting boundaries and self-management (11:50).
- Learning to say no (14:21).
- We are not perfect (17:00).
- Reflect on mistakes (17:20).
- Sharing experiences (17:55).
- Admitting you are struggling is a strength (20:19).
- What do you do if you have a colleague studying with their
mental health? (22:45).
- Practice empathy.
- Are you OK?
- Actively listen.
- Remember everyone is different.
- Signpost to Samaritans, employee assistance, line manager (if
appropriate) local Mind charity or GP.
- Signs of anxiety (23:40).
- Final thoughts (29:23).
- Find out more about mental health.
- Find Chris online (34:38).
Thanks to my generous guest, Chris Chamberlain.