Nov 14, 2020
- Introducing Vanessa Mee (00:53).
- Vanessa’s journey into teaching (01:52).
- Transitioning from working in the UK to Guernsey (04:13)
- The type of trainee teachers Vanessa works with (06:16).
- How a trainee’s experience of education affects them
- Tip: time block your week and also focus on big picture
- Tip: personalise your space and build relationships with your
- Vanessa on Imposter Syndrome (13:15).
- Tip: continue research, reading and experimentation
- Tip: maintain links with industry (17:36).
- Tip: do less (teacher/student activity ratio) (19:30).
- Tip: look after yourself as a priority (23:10).
- Tip: become part of your school/college community (24:10).
- Mentoring trainee teachers (25:35).
If you are a trainee teacher or a newly qualified teacher or
trainer in any sector of education, why not pop over to The Teaching Space
community - I’ll see you there.