Sep 5, 2020
- About Mark (01:05).
- What the word “teacherpreneur” means to Mark (03:41).
- Martine explains that no one is expected to be a teacherpreneur
- being a teacher is a huge job - this is an approach that might
suit some (04:19).
- How Mark developed his portfolio career (05:23).
- How being a teacherpreneur is an alternative career direction
in education (06:34).
- Examples of “dipping your toe in the water” of being a
- Working with others to recognise your unique skills and systems
- Solving problems for others could be a product or service
- A word of caution if you are an employed person (11:53).
- Martine and Mark’s experience of being employed and stepping
into “teacherpreneur-ism” (!)(12:47).
- The challenges teachepreneurs can face (15:23).
- Mark’s approach to managing time (18:18).
- The importance of using a calendar as part of your productivity
- Parkinson’s Law (23:00).
- Martine’s summer break exercise routine (23:27).
- Top tips for teachers considering starting a side hustle
- Solving problems through your side hustle (28:20).
- The aspirin and vitamin concept (29:08).
- About Mark’s podcast - Education on Fire (30:47).
- Where to find Mark online (32:58).
Thanks for tuning in. Do check out Mark’s podcast, Education on Fire, and also
pop into The
Teaching Space Community to discuss the episode.